Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch Mod

JimH

Here is a mod I just did on my older style sleeve hitch. This should take care of the problem with the plow not staying straight behind the tractor. I purchased the Simplicity Stabilizer plate, P/N 1603816 to complete the mod. The picture with the plow hooked to the hitch shows the bolt and nut orientation I ended up using.
[img]/club2/attach/JimH/DSCN0057 resized.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/DSCN0058 resized 1.jpg[/img]

Nice work! I had always been told a plow (or cultivator or disc harrow) is supposed to have that side-to-side range of motion available, for moving through the furrow, and around obstacles. I don't run the plate when pulling a plow on my later style sleeve hitch, but it's great for pulling a box blade, and absolutely necessary for the Scoop Tote. It also helps when transporting a plow...first time I hooked up she flopped over and nearly smacked my wife's car when I pulled out of the garage.

Greg, got the # out of the Simplicity database. Got it from Brenda at Sandy Lake Implement.
quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Nice job Jim dOd where did you find the # for the stabilizer plate?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• s_stephen
    • Tom45
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts