Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

416 hitch modification

littlemarv

Per Sammiefish's instructions, I modified the hitch on my 416 to accept implements from my B-10. Basically, all you do is take the drawbar out, cut 3/8" out of the drawbar itself to the right of the pin hole, and weld it back together. Then reassemble, putting both sets of spacers on the right side of the inner upright Instead of one set on each side. This leaves a gap on the right side that is twice as wide, accepting both size hitches.

I may make a spacer that takes up the slack on either side. Here you can see that the 1" pin from B-10 stuff is too long, and an 1/8" smaller in diameter. I had a piece of scrap turned down and cut to what I think is right for this, I will add pictures of that later.

I was going to paint the plow along with my B-10, but I may just leave it the orange it is. It matches the tractor pretty good!

Tomorrow its off to the field for a trial run. I'm a bit skeptical of plowing with wide turfs, so I am taking a set of wheel weights and tire chains....

I never had issues with turfs along with a little bit of weight. The only frustation I had was that they didn't fit into the furrow well because of their width. Good luck. It's fun putting a plow in the ground.