Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stump plowing

simple-kid

Well I plowed over some low cut bush stumps out front with my 3410 LandLord. B1 had the job of hauling the junk off into the woods.

This is the pile of Honeysuckle stumps.

I got a little mud in the road while trying to push the stumps over.

There was a good amount of junk in the trailer.

The plow blade still look just fine after the work it did. That 3410 is a beast, It's fun plowing 3 inch diameter trees over with it. I considered it as a TANK :D:D:D:D:D:Ddz

Good stuff. Didn't know that would work. When you get into larger trees and chainsaws, study felling techniques before you discover why that's a good idea. :D

Thanks for the replies! Wayne, No these weren't for more room, They just looked ugly in the front yard. LOL I had to have an excuse to use the two of them.:D:D

OK Nick, fess up, that was a "Gee Dad, I told you I needed more than one tractor" maneuver.:) I learned from the big "Cat" operators, when you fell a tree leave about a three or four foot high stump. This provides leverage later to "bump the stump". the remaining above ground trunk can then be trimmed for stove wood. Cheers, Wayne

LOL. When I plowed the stump I went from each side and hit it a few times. Eventually, the stump was bumped. :D:D:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
It's fun plowing 3 inch diameter trees over with it.
I would not have thought that the Landlord would uproot 3" diameter stumps. Did you take a mattock or something and chop through the roots first or something?

NO the stump Was about 3 inches diameter and after some hits from each side of it ripped it out with no chopping. dOd:D:D

One thing to watch for these blades, too hard of abuse WILL crack the frame where it bots to the bgb, been there done that.

Nick, I think you better abandon the stumps, and warm up the generators! Cheers, Hope all goes well with the weather!:D Wayne