Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

General engine question - engine revving problem

mroman59

I have a Kawasaki twin cylinder engine on my Simplicity. When I start up the engine I can move the throttle from low to high and hear the difference in the revving of the engine. However, after I cut the grass or after its been running for awhile and I go to shut the engine off it sounds like it is staying revved up. I usually put the engine in low throttle for awhile before shutting it off. This has been going on for awhile now. Before I shut the engine down today, I watched the linkage movement as I lowered the throttle. Everything is connected and moving as it should be, but the engine stays revved up. What would make an engine behave normally when it is cool and then act this way after it gets warm? Has this ever happened to anyone else? Thanks, MR

No never had it happen unless when you say revving the engine is searching for idle revving and then trying to come down to idle then revving again this is usually caused by lean carb adjustments.If this is not the case then try closing the throttle plate manually if you can then you probably have a governor keeping the throttle open again more adjustments.