Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Reglators

scootinscott

OK guys i need to know what reg. i need for my 1965 Allis-Chalmers BIG-TEN garden tractor with a briggs&stratton eng.SN #0123-02-6509201 model # 243431 in the parts book it has 2 different pn # one is 297196 delco #1119577 and the other is pn# 295924 delco # 1118988 whats the difference and what one do i need thanks guy's

What kind of problems are you having. most regulator problems seem to come down to bad connections. either in the wiring or inside regulator. you can take the regulator apart and clean the contact points inside.

its just rusted and the screws are striped it prob. works but i just want new lol thanks i never saw the # 's stamped there the # are 1119165E they don't match the the # in the book i did find the one that replaces #295924 new one is # 435040 but will that work ?

Are you getting your numbers from the Briggs manual? That is a different regulator. One number is probably a saddle mount (fits on the side of the generator) and the other one would have two flat mounting tabs underneath. Simplicity/Allis Chalmers sourced the regulators for these tractors, not Briggs, so the part number for the OE regulator would be in the tractor parts manual. Its likely NLA through Simplicity. A few years ago I bought one from DB Electrical in Gray, TN. http://www.dbelectrical.com/t-contact.aspx The regulator on the right is one of the replacements I bought.

Made by J&N #231-12026. They have 3 coils inside, not two, and are a no-drill direct fit installation. Its one of my pet peeves to see the wrong regulators on these tractors.

Chris, it doesn't look like they are available any more. I used one of these square ones on my HB212 for ten years. I believe it is the correct number. I would have to look though. http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3341-new-aftermarket-delco-massey-regulator-12-volt-1118981-1118988.aspx I checked it and that is the one that I have. It isn't rectangular but it worked fine. I don`t believe I had to drill any holes either.

the part # 231-12026 i did find on E-bay i really want to use the same bolt pattern jacks did not come up with that # 231-12026 if that one will work ill get it thanks

There are two on ebay for $92 but if mine worked I think I would use it for that price. http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?LH_TitleDesc=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=regulator++231-12026&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_odkw=regulator++231-12026&_osacat=159912

I had two brand new ones, in the box, up until 2 weeks ago. A club member in Pennsylvania bought both of them from me for his A-C B-12. Good timing for him, I guess!!

Go here http://www.waiglobal.com/ . Then type in P/N of regulator, we'll use 1118988 for demo. It will then show WAI P/N and further Googling will give you an MSRP around $38.00. Up to 3 years ago you could get them for $18.00, but their volume is starting to diminish.

hay ray the 2 on E-bay have 2 different #8040-6184 and 8040-6178 i see they are in Colo. about 15 miles from me i can ask him but would like your in put on what one would be the best for my b-10 thank you all for for your help

No idea. I went by the number 231-12026 that Chris provided. It is in both auctions, but there are more numbers in front in those auctions as well. So it Also not sure if you need a B or an A circuit. I searched the forum with no luck. I believe it is B circuit. BLT knows.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
No idea. Also not sure if you need a B or an A circuit. I searched the forum with no luck. I believe it is B circuit. BLT knows.
If you enter D/R number at WAI it will tell you if it is A or B circuit. In my demo reply, 1118988 is an "A" circuit.

Yes, I saw the information on the link. What I don`t know is if he needs an A or B circuit from what I read here before. Evidently an A circuit is fine.