Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got a DLX!!

peterinbrooklyn

Picked this up at a Simplicity Dealer today 1999 Simplicity Landlord DLX w/ power steering, 531hrs, 20hp vanguard and 54" deck...ha they said it had a broken axle and a bent spindle...yeah it has a bent right front spindle ($53) new and one of the deck attachment mounts on the front axle (welds) cracked off...no biggie a quick weld and a new spindle and its ready to roll. Lets just say it was quite a deal! hahahahahahahahahaha [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e196/tjman00/21CBCA70-C831-4223-B7C3-F46955292B97-8131-000006747F5024E8.jpg[/IMG]

Nice! I love my '98 Landlord. The DLX is a major upgrade and that 54" deck is one of the heaviest quality decks Simplicity ever made.

Had one like it and loved it. Looking at another one now with cab for Winter use. Question--are you sure its a 1999? When I bought mine the 54" deck wasn't available on the 99's. Came in 2000 or 2001. Enjoy your tractor.

Had one dropped off in my tractor shed that looks a lot like that. Missing the seat and had the guys spare toyota rims on the back. 16hp Vangaurd that turns by hand, the wiring looks to have been someones playground with wire cutters. Just a bare tractor, is it worth messing with?

I love mine, it has an 18 horse Vanguard and 50 inch deck, and the engine is newer than the tractor. Had a bad PTO, but the replacement wasn't as costly as I had feared, and I love the foot controls. I wouldn't mind a wider mower deck, especially down in the vineyard, where a 54 inch deck would make the difference between an up and back pass and a third pass, but OTOH the 54 inch deck has brackets for the front rollers that can snag the vines if you mow up against them.