Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimplicitySwede

What I been doing at School

SimplicitySwede
Well This is what I been workin on in my Reconditioning class. MY Farmall 450 (same on I posted a story about). I just painted the Chassis today. I think it turned out good. I also been over hauling a Farmall H. Heres a pic

SimplicitySwede
quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Looks like fun Jared, nice job dOd Is that a class project and if so who is the lucky one that gets to keep it?
Nope this is my tractor. We have about 10 tractors in there that the whole class is working on.

MysTiK
wow. Nice to see all those parts revealed. I have always been fascinated with the steering on those tractors, and this is the first time I have seen the mechanism. Also, really interesting lighting in that pix - I wonder if you could do that again, or if it just happened like that. I'm sitting here having a mystical experience. thx. sm01 thanx for posting. Must be nice to do school and get your traxtor resto'd all at the same time. dOd

johnmonkey
Nice work there Swede, I like to see some motivated young High School students, some of my current jackwagon seniors have senioritis already sm00. jh

steve-wis
We had a 450 on the farm when I was growing up, great tractor. Is your TA in good shape? That was the weak link on these. Lots of fond memories of pulling 4 bottoms in our heavier clay, with the governor barking some, really a sweet sound. Good luck with your restoration, please post pics as you go. Steve

SimplicitySwede
Idk if you read that story i posted on this tractor earlier, but my grandpa had owned this tractor twice when I got it. There second time he had it the TA was rebuilt. Ya they went out, but no other tractor company had anything to compare. John im a College student now lol

SimplicitySwede
Heres a pic of the H. This one has had a rough life. I drove it into the shop. It was running on 3 cylinders. Had a bent intake valve on the second cylinder. Got the head pulled off and found a crack in it. So had to get a new head. The front frame rails were welded to the front bolster. So had to find another H for parts. The U joint in the steering looks to be a rigging and they used an automotive type u joint. Took the carb off the choke plate have a tack weld on it. This tractor hadnt been ran in 20 years. knock the sleeves out. had the crank turn 20 under on the rods and mains. had the connecting rods redone. wanted to put flat top pistons back in it like the originals but it wasnt gonna be till the end of november till there were gonna have any ready. So I settled for Fire crater pistons there were cheaper which i dont get cause they give you more power. Well then I had to look at the casting letters on the new head to make sure it would excet the fire craters. 39-45 Hs were different then the 46-52 Hs In 46 they went through some changes. The 39s and 40s were different in wats too. But the difference in the earlier heads is the combustion chamber. This H is a 45. I finally got the over haul kit. Open up the 1st sleeve unroll it from the wax paper. Big ol crack in it. Got pushed back a week. Well Im caught up pretty well now. Gotta everything in the engine and the engine is sitting in the tractor. Just gotta time it put the oil pan and head on. Put the radioator and take car of ignition. Then this winter I have to repaint it. What this tractor had taught me is take car of your stuff. You might want it fixed the right way someday. This Old timer im doin this for has another H prolly that would of been the better one to do. Its been sitting out but isnt cobbled. Im getting that one in return for fixing this one up. Now thats my novel lol

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • Orangeman
    • PhanDad
    • Brettw
    • abu507
  • Today's Birthdays

1. pitt
      pitt
      (53 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts