Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

auxiliary tractor cab lighting

DMKNLD

I just picked up a nice hard cab for my 7114 at a good price - yea, no more abominable snowman for this Maine'ah ! I want to mount some auxiliary lights on the fiberglass roof, as much for other vehicles to see me easier over the snowbanks as to improve visibility when I'm snow blowing near the road. Should I go with LED's, halogens, or standard rear mounted tractor lights? Should I splice into my headlight wire or run a separate power wire from the battery with a relay?

Dennis, I would go with LED. While they are more expensive than other lights the amount of energy they need won't tax your charging system. I would also run a separate switch and wires for the lights. I would run separate wires for any additional lights you add. For example if you add both front lights and back lights I would run a separate wire for both sets. That way you can control which lights you want on or off. Rick.........

Good ideas all around everybody, thanks. I've got a quick connect pigtail from my positive terminal for my battery maintainer, can I use that for my hot wire and put a relay and fused link in the system, or should I tap my existing headlight wire? I'm planning to go w/ 2 LED's facing forward on the cab roof and one facing back.

Made some last year from Automotive LED running lights and flashlight bodies. I searched and can't get back to the post, but the bottom line was fifty bucks, quickly removable, lotsa light, and very little amp draw.

Images are out of sequence, but you get the picture. Going to add one more this year, aimed to the rear.