Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Strange place this internet thingy.

timflury

I frequently brouse Ebay and I watch ads of parts for our tractors to get a "barometer" as to what prices parts bring. I recently watched a small frame Hi Lo that brought $110.00 from a seller named "Decemberscotch". Now I know that most of us have different usernames on different sites, my ebay name is "wingnut128wi" (more on that later). I sent this guy a message giving him kudos on his sale and telling him that I picked up one of those for $30.00 a couple years ago, just to be nice. He replied with a very nice message.:D:D I decided to dig into this a little more after looking at the other items he has for sale. It turns out that this nice guy has a Yeoman, and a VERY nice 700 listed right now. It seems our own "Talentedmrgreen" is the owner of these items!!dOddOd Whooda thunk it?? That these two were the same guy.:D:D Anyone have any similar stories to share?? BTW, "Wingnut128wi" came about both through my civilian employer and the Air Guard unit I belonged to. The guys at work called me Wingnut, winger, or just wing. Those of you old Air Force vets should already know what a "wingnut" is. (One striper). "128" is for the 128TH Air Refueling Wing in which I served for fifteen years before retiring in 2006. "Wi." is for Wisconsin, only because wingnut128 was already being used when I went to create the username.

The tractor world can be a small world. I post on Unnoffical Allis and MTF as ACmowerguy. I've seen numerous other ST members on those sites but most use the same username as here.

OK, so on this site, I am Glen112 (because my name is Glen and I own a B-112). On Michael's Tractors, I am BigTenGlen, yeah, because I own a ??? ??? and my name is ????. So, a number of years ago when I signed up for an eBay account, I thought how can I keep this theme going? Ahhh, FOOTDRAGGER! I was sure that one of you other members would have already taken about every variation of foot dragger, but guess what, on eBay, I am foot_dragger. I was shocked, and pleased that it was not already taken. Unfortunately, I have missed out on one too many eBay deals for doing just that, dragging my feet to place a bid :(! By the way, since then, I have added, yes, a Simplicity 725 to the fleet. I also have one of those stupid things with running boards called a Sunstar! Where did that come from?

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
I'm not too hard to find. rokon2813 here is the same rokon2813 on Ebay :D:D
Same here, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato plusEEdOddOd

I post everywhere as AaronSEIA, but due to a software glitch while joining the club I couldn't use that name. Went with B110guy as that is my first (and only) AC mower. Go by farmboy4cy on eBay. Am a farm kid and Iowa State fan. Made sense at the time. AaronSEIA