Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Juicing a tractor?

huffy

I'm in sm01 When I read the title I first thought Nitrous, but lowrider is even better. Do you want to just hop, or dance ? Assuming the solid beam front axle, I'd put vertical cylinders pushing down behind the axle where the mower hangs. Then make the hole where the axle pivots into a long vertical slot. Run the cylinders in parallel, and she should jump nice with 80 psi in the tires. Run the cylinders individually and you could jump or dance it. If you want to run it off an engine driven hydro pump, you would need a pressure accumulator to get the kind of flow rate needed to kick they way the lowrider systems do. I think the aircraft industry uses hydraulic accumulators, and when that stuff goes out of certification it has to be sold as scrap for cheap. Of course I'm no expert, but I know machine hydraulics and have checked out the low rider stuff in some catalogs. Being the first to do something new and cool on youtube has its bragging rights

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
One would ask...."WHY"?
Comic relief. Imagine the look on the neighbor's faces when they drive by while I'm tooling around on the tractor and I flip the switch and start bouncing around.

Back in the early 80's I thought I was cool having air shocks and a compressor in the trunk of my 73 Century. Cruising at the stop light I would hit the dump valve under the dash and drop the rear quick to race! Otherwise jacked up those old Buick's had a huge chrome bumper that looked mean from the rear. Funny Video, that show is hilarious. Dan

Believe it or not guys, there are "juiced" farm tractors on the market today. No, they aren't the "toy" hydraulics like in the video clip, there are suspension controls that steady the cab and front suspension to aid in driver comfort. http://www.huscointl.com/index.php/products/integrated-systems/suspension/