Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

AC 400 Series with Briggs???

GLPointon
Hey Guys...anybody know if a 16hp Briggs with a starter/gen can fit in an AC 400 tractor? They have the grill/hood support struts running from front to back of the engine compartment that may be in the way(as seen in the 6th & 7th pics in the link below) I have a couple spare Briggs' to use (although I'd rather find a cheap Kohler 16hp to overhaul) I believe they ALL came with Kohlers? Thanks for info/advice sm01 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119883

HubbardRA
If you could find a later model 16Hp B/S that had the separate starter with the under-flywheel alternator, then it should fit just like a Kohler. You may be able to use a starter-generator if you set it up in a low-mount configuration so that it could clear the hood.

GLPointon
Wow, that is very cool. But I think Rod is right, it will be alot less hassle to find a gear starter Briggs. (but the 2 I have are S/G type) Go figure..?
quote:
Originally posted by gearhead19
Greg check this out..... http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/316-h_.htm Dan