Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I got the 2110 running But....

JimV

I did the coil conversion on the 2110 and put the engine back in. I got it to fire up but I hadn't wired the charging system yet and the battery was low then it started to pour . I should have towed this tractor inside my shed but I didn't . A one day job has turned into three. But hey live and learn. On a brighter note the engine sounded strong and didn't smoke for it's 45 seconds of glory. I called my buddy and I think I am all set on the starter gen. wiring so when the rain lets up I will go for it . I think the center wire goes with the starter wire on the inner post and the outer wire goes to the outer post. the other wire is already hooked up to the amp meter. I am not used to the Briggs setups I am a late AC at heart but I think I am going to enjoy this old girl.

Jim, I've been following your posts on the 2110 and as they say "I love it when a plan comes together"!! Sorry you got rained out, but Pa. could use some.....parts of my yard are so dry it crunches when ya walk on it. Keep up the good work on the old girl. Dick

Jim You should be able to determine which wire goes to the field terminal by rem0ving the wires on the reg. and it should be stamped FLD the field term. on the gen. is the smaller one marked F next to it the other small wire goes with the heavy one on the A term. It sounds like you have made a lot of progress since I saw the Tractor in your van. Cal

Jim You should be able to determine which wire goes to the field terminal by rem0ving the wires on the reg. and it should be stamped FLD the field term. on the gen. is the smaller one marked F next to it the other small wire goes with the heavy one on the A term. It sounds like you have made a lot of progress since I saw the Tractor in your van. Cal

Thanks guys, I have had the battery on my little 6 amp charger all night. I will check out my gen. wires and give it a whirl. Once I can determine that the spark is cosistant and strong then I will start looking at the carb. I took the tank out and flushed it before I put the tractor back together. well take care I will keep you posted. Jim V.