Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis mower

Bunky

Hello I have a 42in mower for my B112 and need some Belt help how do you tell which simplicity deck is the same to look up belts on belt chart? my model number is 202933 can someone help?

The B-112 cross-references to the Simplicity 3012V. The 42" mower deck for the 3012V was the 407. The 407's Cross Drive belt was 44.1" long, part # 108099. The Spindle belt as 82.1", part # 108209. [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_(pg4).htm'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/images/spotlight/sov_pg4_small.jpg'][/a]

I like Kent's replies,allways helpful,and most times a little something extra thrown in for good measure. Nice Pic!

I don't know - the Simplicity Belt & Blade book lists: Simpicity 42" mower 990544 with cross drive 108248 (48.1 HA) AC 42" mower 2025033 with cross drive 108248 (48.1 HA) AC 42" mower 2025080 with cross drive 174911 (44.1 HA) Go AC :)

Thanks, Jeff. The Belt Reference I used shows the 544 deck coming later, just prior to the "double-V" belt type like my B-210 has. There's also a 501 listed in between the 407 and the 544, and it used the 44.1" belt... All the more reason to take your old one with you when you "go shopping"....

thanks all I don't know if this is true or not but I was told the B112 has a longer wheelbase then the others? also kent the sovereign looks just like my 3210V landlord whats the difference ?

It is true, B112 has a 48in wheel base compared to 44 in on all other B1 series. the B2 series vary from 39,41 and 43 inches. Somewhere, think on Les's history report, I got the impression the B2 series were made by AC in the Lex. plant..MPH

The tractors with variable speed and hydro trannies had a 4" longer wheelbase, from the bevel gearbox back... That's the easiest way for me to remember/tell -- the B-110 had a 3-speed, the B-210 had a variable speed.... Simplicity put the "V" at the end of the model number to define their Variable Speed tractors, and an "H" for Hydros, while AC did not use the "V" nomenclature but did use the "H" to describe their equivalent tractors... Go figure!