Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 vs B-10

shaggyhill

I have a B-10, and just found a B 110 for sale near me. It seems what I could get for my B 10 is what I could pay for the B110. I use my B 10 only for towing, occasional snow removal, and sometimes I use the blade to clear some light brush. The question -- is the B 110 a significant step up. I was looking at the specs and did not notice a huge difference, except the B110 has a lo gear (the one for sale has hydro also). I am very happy with my B 10 and its performance. Would it be worth to take the chance with a new machine. Thanks. and no I can't keep both!! Paul

A 'new used tractor' will have some surprises so if your happy with the B10,,,,,,,,,the 2 speed hydro sounds attactive, how about hydro lift????Can't have two??????MPH

If your B-10 is a late model (10 HP, instead of 9) I don't think there's a significant difference between the two other than sheet metal. Both could be bought with an optional High/Low pulley system. Both could be bought with hydraulic lift. Hydraulic lift is a very useful feature since these apply enough downpressure to lift one end of the tractor off the ground. But, there's a lot to be said for "a bird in the hand" that you already know what shape it's in... All that said, if the B-110 has BOTH the High/Low pulley and the hydraulic lift, I'd certainly take the chance on it... My 2 cents... and worth even less!