Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1978 A.C #716H service/maintenance manual

paulfreda

I just bought my first lawn tractor and need to find a copy of the maintenance/service manual so I can keep this baby hummin. Anyone have a copy? Also looking for attachments like snowthrower and tiller. Are they available new from Simplicity or am I better off buying used?

Paul, I think the 716H AC is the same as a Simplicity Sovereign and AC B series tractors. Attachments are available new or used. Here in eastern PA there is a good supply of used attachments. If you don't mind some tinkering and painting the used stuff is by far the best buy. A new tiller is about $1500.00 where a used one will run $75.00 - $500.00. Some used equipment will be missing drive parts and pulleys. Most of these parts can be purchased new and adding the price of the parts to what a used attachment costs still puts you way ahead of buying it new. I have found that Ace Hardware Stores have some steel pulleys like those used by AC. If your missing a pulley someone on the forum should be able to tell you the size pulley you need for anything on an AC tractor you need. As far as manuals go check Jensales, their listed under links.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a copy of the manual for the ac716.It was given to me when I purchased my ac410.I am getting a scanner this weekend if you are interested email me and I will send you a copy

Matt