Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

this dark outside at pm stinks

MPH

Yup, summer is certainly on its way out....last nite sun was set at 7:55. That's an ominous warning to shadetree mechanics like me to start arranging space indoors for the projects I want to work on thru the winter. Trouble is my basement is standing room only right now! ! Hey Martin, ya got the snow fighting equipment ready? I'll bet you get clobbered up in Ak. with the white stuff. Dick

Jim, weather up here changes every 50 miles, went to Fairbanks yesterday to deal with a public service office, 200miles one way to find out its closed til the 23, ie why I needed to kill weeds last nite. It was nice here, rove through 3 or 4 rain cells, driped in Fairbanks most the time, was beautiful and sunny most the way home. Did your buddy fly up or drive? Dick, first snow in Oct is last one to melt in May, we don;t get a lot in Tok, maybe 2 to 3 feet ave/ year, lots of 1/2in frozzen ie30 below power. Grass is too green to take mower off yet, got 3 weeks in Sept to get that done, most the time do it in the first storm...MPH

Terry, Sitka is in S.E Alaska, I'd guess its raining, its beautiful on all 3 or4 nice days/year though...MPH

Guess I been in this north country to long, when it gets dark at night summer is over, really to bad it barely lasts for 3 months. I was trying to kill weeds in my old goat hay field by tilling it before they seeded out, about90 by 100 foot but got beat by darkness cuz my 16hp died 4 times due to vapor lock, gotta be that big sq quite muffler as the carb gets to hot to hold very long. If I don't find someone to unload it on gonna haveta put a stack on..... Not sure how you all live with summer darkness but guess I'll sleep on it.......MPH

How has the weather been up there? My buddy has been up there on his honeymoon for the past 2 weeks and I was curious.