Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Running Smooth

johnmonkey

Now, that is great to read that all of Kent's time into this site along with all the others has once again paid dividends to another happy owner. Just as I am to be able to reap all this knowledge for future endeavers. Happy Mowing!

I got my Montgomery Ward gardenmark squire (same as simp.725 & AC B-1) running smooth & quiet, the best in 15 years that I have owned it. Thanks to this web site! I completed the following: - rebuilt the mower deck ,bearings, center shaft, belt,and a paint job. -Adjusted the deck correctly w/ a 3/8" slope plus from front to rear -Added a stack muffler from a IH cub. -replaced the carburater -New tires all around & painted the rims( the tires are turf savers but I want to replace w/ diamond tread.) -plus I just ordered gator mulching blades for the fall. These will go great with my homemade leaf vac collecter. -new vac shute for the above from Kent (thanks Kent) Thanks again for all the help from everyone who contributed. P.S. My squire is Simp. orange not blue.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just completed a complete restoration of a Montgomery Wards Squire 9 but I am still having carburetor problems.Could you tell me where you purchased the new carburetor and the cost. Thanks , Vinnie A