Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

L-10 AND L-12 LOADER QUESTION

Kirby

Only after market loader I've seen for 12hp tractors is made by brush-hog or bush-hog and go for 2300. Not sure what I'd cash up if I ever found a OEM in good shape, guess it depends on how bad you want it...MPH

I have an L-10 on a Big Ten(same as B-10).The loader is set up so you can use mid mount attachments without removing or changing any parts.Rear attachments can be used by removing the weight box only.(Those engineers must have actually used the equipment they designed.)

All I can say is that if you end up with more loaders than you have room to store them, I'd clean out some space in my barn -- just for you.... 8o) Kent

the deck will fit under the b112 with the L12 loader attached. Just can't go around trees to good. also if you take the weight box off the tractor becomes nose heavy and loses traction. the l12 only attaches with 4 bolts and slides off the front axle pivot. they thought of just about every combination possible when they designed it. TonyJ

FOUND A GUY THAT HAS A L-10 AND L-12 LOADER FOR SALE ON A B-12 AND B-10 TRACTOR. LOOKS LIKE THE L-10, THOUGH NOT AS NEAT AS THE L-12, COULD BE LEFT ON WHILE USING A DECK WHERE AS THE L-12 WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT ON A DEDICATED TRACTOR. ANYONE HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE WITH THIS. ALSO HOW MUCH IS A REASONALBLE PRICE TO PAY FOR THE COMBO'S??

You may have read it already but several members have stated their opinions on prices for the older equipment im mess. #4693 from SmilinSam....check it out. Dick