Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B Series Hoods

jlasater

On what AC B Series Tractor did they use the flat hood on. All the tractors I own have the one with the cowl on the hood. Also did they make the B-110 with both single key and the key with starter button.

The B-210/212 has just a plain flat hood, while the 110/112 had the flip up console over the battery/gas tank. And Yes the 110 came with the key and push button start to begin with and was later changed to the recessed key start using a solenoid. This was because the key was always getting broken off on the earlier models by the operators as they got on the tractor.(as told to me by a old AC L&G dealer)

My 112 has a recess key and push button with starter solenoid, where does that fit??Catagorie "E" non of the above, kinda like the rest of it seems too, OH well, its workin good now and I like running it enough I planted more grass to mow.........MPH

They must have done the key recess first and then added the solonoid later?? The other B-110 I had, had the recessed key and the solonoid was mounted on top of the engine like on the 3300 - 3400 simplicities. Its kinda neat to sit down and try and figure out all the little changes made to a particular model of tractor throughout its production run. Just when you think you have it, you find somethin different on yet another machine.

That good I have one tractor with the recessed key and the other is key with starter switch. Would be nice to find out when they changed them. Proable would be hard to pin down since every tractor owner is diffrent when built.