Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need a new seat

NLM

If the steel seat pan is OK, then you can buy a new(aftermarket, not Simplicity) cover/cushion for about $40. I have used these before, they work well. You will have to cut out the old seat, but leave the hard plastic rim that covers the sharp edge of the seat pan. You then strech the replacement seat cover over the pan. you need the old rim in place to keep from tearing the new vinyl. Any good dealer should have them in stock.

I need a new seat for my 7117. Does anyone know of an on- line or mail order source? My local dealer quoted me $165. Sounds steep to me. I've checked Northern and others but haven't found a matching hole pattern. I can find seats for everything but Simplicity. Thanks

Nathaniel, if you found a seat you like in say Northern's catalog it might not be too hard to make an adapter plate or something on that order.....sure beats $165 all to heck. Dick

If you have a Tractor Supply in your area, check their selection of seats. Not bad looking generic seats with cheap prices. $40 to $100. Marion Kerr

I recenty bought a new seat for my 4111 at local tractor supply for $40.00 had to make it fit but it works. The seat it self is not well made the molding around the edge keeps coming off. If I had to do it again I would have paid more for a better quality seat