Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3112h pto

StinKy

On the pto on the side that the crossdrive belt goes on it has a double pulley on it. Does the deck drive belt go on the large or small pulley? I have it on the small one now. On another note the the deck will not stay engaged by itself I keep my foot on the handle to keep the blades a spinning. Thanks all Scott

The mower deck connects to the larger, inside pulley. The smaller, outside pulley is for a sickle bar mower which must move much slower or it will self-destruct.... Move your belt to the other pulley. Then, fine-tune the adjustment on your PTO engagement rod, using the setscrew on the collar at the end of the spring. When you have it "just so" the lever will go slightly overcenter, while putting the correct tension on the PTO belt. Then, it should stay in place by itself. But, should you hit something solid with the deck (curb, pipe, etc.) it should kick the lever back out and disengage the deck... That's how it was designed to operate before it accumulated 30+ years of wear....