Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis-Chalmers loader Question

JamesK

Question

I have recently aquired a allis chalmers loader. I have been checking out the site but am trying to figure out this unit I have.

The tag on the unit is marked as follows.

Made By Henry MFG. Co.

For Allis Chalmers

Model B-10

Serial # 4X888AC

The thing that has me thrown off a bit is the model number B-10. I looked at the gallery and the ones there are a L-10. The unit I have is the has the pump mounted to run off the crank and is a manual trip and reset.

Does the model B-10 identify it to the B-10 series and not the B-1 or B-110 years? I am currently looking for the tractor to hook this unit to before the snow flys..

Also curious what a value is for this unit. it has 60% of its original paint and all its original decals on it. also came with some mounting brackets and wheel spacers for the duals.

If anyone has some pics of the mountings for this unit I would greatly appreciate a peek at them to see where the brackets I have mount to the tractor.

Thanks in advance, and graet site by the way, James K...

12 answers to this question

Cant tell from your wording if you have a "L-10" or another brands.

If its not an AC brand L-10 it could be a aftermarket loader made by a seperate company that made them to fit many different brands. There were a number of companies around the country in the 60's maaking a variety of attachments for the varioues tractors available.

Anyhow, if it was made for the B-10, the it should also fit the Big Ten and B-12 tractors and "MIGHT" work on the B-110 3-speed tractors that used the same short frame.

I say "might" on the B-110 because I don't know that for sure.

Your major concern would be if all the mounting parts that were supposed to go with the loader are all there or not.

SmilinSam, the unit I have is marked B-10. after looking at the gallery at Alan B's B-1 with loader pic's it appears to be the same unit as his which says it His is a L-10.

The only diffeance I can see between his and mine are one set of decals. If you look at the pic's of his look at the top bar for the bucket piviot/lift. The section going from the piviot by the manual trip lever down towards the bucket. Mine is allis yellow and has a allis chalmers metal/heavy foil tag running the lenght of it. I have to get some batteries for the digi camera today and I will try to post the loader pics if I can figure out how to on the post.

James K..

The very earliest loaders were called the same model # as the tractor they mounted on... I have a manual for a "B-1 Loader" that looks like the one in the Gallery, though I haven't heard of one called a "B-10 loader"...

The pump on them mounted on the front of the tractor and had a tall, round reservoir in front of the grille. The later L-12s mounted the pump on the right side (from driver's seat) of the tractor, and the reservoir was the rectangular upright part of the loader frame....

As far as I know, all were made by Henry Company....

My guess is that it is a loader off the early 9-HP B-10 of 1964...

James,

Welcome to the club,,,,,wow!! Your close to me.

:DNow, how come your profile says you is female?

;)Most guys get a tractor then look for a loader, you may be on to something here!!

joej_sig2.gif

JoeJ, yup fixed the profile, must have changed when scrollin down the page. I am actually in upper dingmans just off 739.

Kent, the unit I have has the pump in line with the crank shaft. so it sits foront and center of the unit.

James K.

Yes, the L-10 had the pump in front, and a trip bucket, while the L-12 (or Simplicity 515, like mine) had the pump on the side, and a double-action hydraulic dump bucket...

Club member Rob Baumuller (Rob-B) has an L-112 loader on his B-112, which appears to be just the same as an L-12 loader, except for the decals. As far as I can tell, Allis tried to more or less keep the loader number in sync with the tractor it fit...

I have a ARK 5000 loader The man I bought it from said it came off a ac b 12 the pump runs off the engine shaft out front ????

The B-1 and B-10 loaders that have the Henry mfg on the tag were made before Allis bought the company. The loaders made after that were L-10, L-12 and L-112. It will fit any of the short frame tractors, B-1 through B-110. We have one of these B-10 loaders currently mounted on a B-110 and it works great.

Henry mfg made all of the loaders and backhoes for Allis in that time period. They also made the forklift for the B series.

Hope this helps, Ron

I have inherited a Allis Chalmers 912 Hydro. I want to know if there is an oil plug and where is it located. I want to change the oil because the tractor has been sitting for many years. Do you add new oil through the tube where the dipstick resides?

Welcome to the club Walter. The engine drain plug should be accessed through an access hole in the tractor frame under the engine. Yes you add new oil through the dipstick tube on the Kohler single cylinder engines. Questions like this are better posted in Talking Tractors where they will be seen by more members....Dave