Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Radio? ? ?

StinKy

I looked up the attachments for the A/C 300 series tractors and unbelieveably discovered a radio was offered! How would you hear the thing? Headphones? Ignition on the engine must have had to have static supression too. I went to the local hardware store and noticed a man mowing next door and useing a portable c-d player and phones----technology, how sweet it is. Actually I prefer the music played by BRIGGS & KOHLER. Dick

I don't think music is the best thing to have when operating equipment. It sounds like a good idea but I would rather hear my equipment so if something went wrong I could shut it right down to prevent further damage. Just my opinion. I wonder how you could have the best of both worlds on this ? I know with older equipment I prefer to hear the noises when the start instead of when they get so loud that you have no choice but to hear them because the problem has gone undetected. Maybe music in just 1 ear ?

BrownA, point well taken! I have a friend who is nearly deaf and hates to wear a hearing aid. I'm doing MAJOR rebuild on his Case deck for just that reason--he could'nt hear it. Spindle housings and spindles are totally chewed. I think radio on tractors is too much distraction. Music goes well with a beer on my back deck AFTER the mowing is done..............Dick

You sound like my dad when I was kid cultivating soybeans,2 rows at a time in 1st gear, 1st time over with a farmall H and I wanted a radio on the tractor. swear it took 45 min to get across that 40 acer field and two rows done didn't seem like much. even my singing didn't prompt the guy across the fence to buy me a radio. Now you couldn't give me a radio to drown out the sound of my briggs.MPH