Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

slow me down..... Pully

wantedinct

Question

Well im having no luck trying to find a hi-low set up for my 2210,so i was wondering if i could just change the pully to a larger one to slow the machine down some for blowin snow this winter, do they make a pully to do this?, if so,is it possible to find? or am i rideing the clutch again this winter? Thanks, Eric

10 answers to this question

Hi Eric,

read my post on tilling 6216 or 2012. I have the same problem, and have had some real good help in determining the same thing. Yes you can change the pulley to slow down the tractor, and may also need to change the belt.

John

Go to A tractor and equipment dealer, even Tractor Supply, and you can get a 3/4 in hub and a 10" pulley. They come individually. You will have to have it wielded. SPOT wield it on both sides first then wield it up. I would wield it a little at a time allowing it to cool some. Reason being, The pulley can warp a little from the heat. A 10" will let you run your motor fast enough to run the tiller and still go slow enough to make it easy on the motor and BGB doing a good job of breaking the soil up. ENJOY!

You will need a 5/8 belt 48.5 in long to run the tractor with the bigger pulley. You probably could go 48 or 49 either one and be ok. A 5/8 48.5 is going to be hard to find.

The belt recomended by simplicity for the low speed pulley is a Belt# 174486 .......Length 48.9'....Type HB which is 21/32 wide x 7/16 thickA 2010 & 2110 used a low speed pulleyA 2210 is supposed to be a variable speed transmission.

BeltCrossSectionChart.jpg

BeltCrossSectionChart.jpg.b7c197ef1e878ce913710befefb350b4.jpg

Simplicity used the 10" speed reduction pulley on the earliest Landlords, but when horsepower was increased to 10, they used an 8" speed reduction pulley.

I'm running a 10" pulley on my 2012 with loader, and IMO, it's too slow....

Anyone want to trade an 8" pulley and belt for a 10" pulley and factory belt?

My 6116 came with the 10" pulley on the trans. It's fine for tilling and blowing, but I'd like to see a little more speed for mowing. I'm changing to a 6" for mowing, but keeping the 10" for the blowing.

I believe I have two 8" pulleys.....I'd be will ing to trade and 8 for a 10 .....

On My 1966 2010 ,1st gear is too fast for snowblowing,too slow for mowing ......second is just a tad too slow for mowing,too fast for blowing ......and 3rd,just gets me where I need to be !!!

Let me know ,Jim

Jim,

I'd certainly be interested in swapping a 10" pulley and belt combo for the 8" combo...

Since most of my loader work on the 2012 is done at about 1/2 throttle or slightly more (in comparison to full throttle when snowblowing or 3/4 or more throttle when tilling), the 10" pulley is just too slow in 1st and too fast in 2nd. I'm hoping the 8" pulley will put it at about the right speed for 1st gear work....

PM me, or email me...

Thanks!