Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

the right color yellow

tractorfreak3

Question

i was wondering just from what i've seen, did AC ever change it's shade of yellow? from pictures i have seen it looks like there are different shades. this b 10 i am working on also has three different shades. i have a 196?( serial number 053668)b 10. wells implement listed a code for napa but is the b-1 color the same as a b 10? or do i need to adjust my monitor colors:)

17 answers to this question

Tractorfreak3

From what I have learned from this site, AC changed the color of yellow several times. Kent may know when the color actually changed. He has more experience with the older machines.

Rick........

Tim,

Don't know for sure, but I think Allis used about 3 different shades of yellow. As Rick said, Kent probably knows more on the subject.

What are your plans for the HB-112 that you just scored on ebay? Did you just get it just for the lift or are you going to restore the tractor?

very helpful, seem like i need old yellow! ppg codes even!.so i guess one of my three shades is right!LOL Greg as for the 112 i bought it mainly for the lift,it was missing alot. at first i was gonna put it in my LL but i think i might put it in this b 10. maybe some duals, a loader,:) LOL I kept alot of other parts from the tractor its all getting shipped to me as we speak. the other parts i'll sell so i can off set the cost. these here lifts are hard to find! as many tractors that have ran through my garage this year you think i would have found one. Alas!

Get a 2 inch sq. sample from under hood not faded,take it to local auto paint supplier,they will match it,,mine here does and it's perfect every time Cost approx $15 per qt.for polyurethane Coronado industrial enamel,, very glossy,,,,

I would like to paint the HB112. I don't care if I match it exact. I want to do it quick and easy. Is there a color in a spray can available at some place like Walmart that will come close? I used the Rustoleum, yellow on my snowplow but seems way too bright for the AC.

I don't have the time to do a major paint job at this time. Maybe in a couple years I will have more time to do it right.

thanks,

JC

John catapiller yellow is very close & covers really good. I work for a large constrution co. we buy spray cans at Milton Cat in Milford Ma. right of 495

Good luck Paul

Looking to retore my Dad's tractor.

Anyone ever ordered paint from www.industrialtouchup.com?

Most of the original paint numbers don't compare with what is posted on this site and I was wondering if any of them are close to original B-10 paint.

Thanks in advance,

Wayno

I went ahead and ordered three cans of paint from industrial touchup.

1 of 9201 old yellow

1 of 4445 new yellow

1 of 9934 cream

Will do some experimenting and report back with the results.

Looking forward to your report. I was going to do the same thing but am working on other things at the moment.

Wayno

For anyone wondering, he said that the can 9201 old yellow was pretty darn near perfect but the cream he ordered was off.

I have ordered 4 cans of the 9201 old yellow and 1 can of the other cream they offer. I will post my findings on the other cream. Thanks again for the info Mike.

Regards,

Wayne

Sorry for the delay.

The paint came in and the other cream color (34045 - Their version of A.C. code 935926) is very close to the cream on the rear wheels of my B-10. I cleaned the dirt off a non rusty spot on the rear hub and sprayed this color next to it and it matches pretty well. I will try to get a quick picture out soon.

Later,

Wayno

As i am in the middle of restoration on my 110, i was told of using PPG color code MBC 3274. When looking up the color, it came back to Viper accent yellow, i made the color and was able to match it to the original color that was under my 110 and matched very well.

The Viper yellow color code is SY4. If i can help anyone let me know as i am in the auto body buiss.

Check out my tractors. i use cans. rustoleum old catapillar yellow. the diesel is one of them i painted.

Hi this may sound like a crazy question, but i need a little help. I purchased a HB-212 tractor a few months ago for the hyds

lift, I want to install this hyd lift on my B112 but cant remember where the rear bracket mounts too, the front i know goes to the rock shaft, im thinking the rear mount (bracket) mounts to the bevel gear box lower two holes.The rear bracket has a clevis pin the holds it to the hyd cylinder and the bracket has two holes,and (thats what im not sure about where that mounts?) I have the complete lift assembly.The HB-212 was a mess.But would love to have this on my B-112.any help would be appricated,Thanks Ron..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tom45
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts