Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

flipped my little allis

i was pulling a poplar tree that was struck by a wind storm last saturday and i do mean a tree. when all of a sudden a branch from the tree drove a little deeper in the ground, it was like i was plowing. it was fun at first. the front of my b-10 was about 2 feet off the ground and i was moving along, then the branch went deeper and allis got higher and gravity took over. after me and allis got back on our feet we hooked to it again and away we went to the brush pile .funny how you never hear any other tractor brands with stories like this .

When I was young we would haul rock and broken concrete home from the neigbors place for the dry well.The trailer was so heavy someone would have to sit on the hood to keep the wheels on the ground.That little wonderboy 700 did a nice job.Let's see someone do that with the new tractors out there.Bob

now tractors either stall out, just set there or they just spin .i have a newer cub cadet that is good at cutting grass. but when the hard work is done it sets in the garage

Tried to move my little crawler with my 716H yesterday and even with weight on it, the 716 just spun the rear tires. Gotta like the power. The crawler outweighs the tractor by about 300lbs.[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]

It's sad that the media quotes things that are totally irrelevant, like the make of the tractor.[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]

You need to be real careful pulling with a tractor. If the tractor stops moving and the wheels don't spin - the tractor will rotate around the rear axle coming right up and over on itself. I knew someone that was pulling stumps with a full size tractor - the stump won - the tractor came right up, over and back on him. He was pinned under it for about 45 minutes before a tow truck and back hoe got him out from under it. He suffered broken bones and internal injuries . Fortunately, he didn't lose his life. I'm sure that some of the ‘Pullers' in the club could add more. Don't under estimate the power of these tractors. John(ri)

FLIPPED MY CASE 446 23 YEARS A GO AND MY BACK HAS BEEN PAYING FOR IT EVER SINCE.JUMPED QUICK BUT NOT QUICK ENOUGHT. DON"T EVER BE COMPLACENT.LIFE IS ONLY ONE HEART BEAT AWAY.

Seems I seen a puller on the club mention one step he had to do was put wheelly tires on to prevent backwards rollover before he could enter. Good idea to me, haven growen up on farm tractors, the front of a farmall H would come up too easy whereas the ole cases weren't much problem. Center of gravity and drawbar design played a big roll. Hope everone without that background learns to judge frontend lift from the incident of this post. Hate reading about injurys that don;t need to happen, enough do because -----happens..becareful,play hard....MPH

Be careful out there guys and gals.Sadly,an elderly gentleman in my area,NW PA,upset his Simplicity and lost his life two weeks ago.He was using his tractor for berry picking transportation.Our local newspaper did not hesitate to name the brand of tractor that he was using.We certainly don't want to lose any members,nor does Simplicity need any bad press. I did not mean to preach,but, I guess I did, Jim

I guess it is like a "tricycle" front and a "wide" front comparison, they are both as safe as eacother as long as you operate it like you should. When you drive a wide front on a slope, it can flip just as quick as a narrow front, I also collect Case farm tractors and they are better for pulling hard than a garden tractor, I guess that I why I have them...The first day I got my new regent last year I flipped it, I was used the B-112 as a heavier machine I felt safer, I felt pretty dumb, just glad my mom never found out, BTW the B-112 cut alot better, if I could turn back time, I would have restored the B-112 then getting the new regent....-BradW

Yes, these tractors have the power. As a puller (with wheelie bars), we rarely put weight on the back (only with loose tracks) mostly put weight in the middle just ahead of the back wheels and some weight in the front, or you will get some long and hard steering "air time". Mike S.