Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Battery Alternative?????

Bunky

Question

I'm in need of a new Battery for my B112, the 22Nf thats in it has went bad... I tried a Foreign car battery but the base was just a little too wide for mt 3410 any ways.... and The 22Nf around here is $45.00

Has someone found a Cheaper alternate battery..

11 answers to this question

Also the 51R at WalMart has a two year free replacement warranty and 5 or 6 years of pro-rated warranty. GT batteries don't.

Originally posted by Bunky

The 22Nf around here is $45.00Has someone found a Cheaper alternate battery..

Your lucky to find a 22NF that cheap, around here the cheapest I can find is $57 for a 22NF[:0]B)Thanks for the tip on the type 51R :)

Yes, my local Agway wanted close to $60 for a 22NF, and that's what sent me to Walmart with a set of measurements to see what would fit.

On Kent's advice I got a 51r4 at Wal-mart for my B110 "Alice".

When the time comes for my B10 "Ralph" to get one he will too.

It fit like a glove and has more cranking power than the gt batteries do.

Most of the garden tractor batteries are no larger than 325 cold-cranking amps (CCA) and some are a lot less. The Interstate Type 51 & 51R batteries at Walmart are 525 CCA, unless I'm mistaken...

We get our batterys from Canadian Tire, the battery in the 917 has 435CCA and 520 CA. The battery in the 416 has 850CCA and 1050CA. The 917 still starts hard, but its the biggest one we can find. THe 416 starts easy all the time:D