Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pic help

toad270

Question

22 answers to this question

What is your problem? If the directions are followed it will work. Other than doing it for you I don't know how to explain it any clearer

I just fixed the first one in your post about weights, so you can see it. Open the topic in the edit mode, and you can see the tags.

id="size6">SORRY TO RUFFLE YOU'R FEATHERS UCD

THANKS A MILLION KENT I'll look at it and see if I can get it working. I tried to follow the instructions but mine looked nothing like the example.

I just asked what the problem was you didn't explain and I hadn't see your other post yet. Sorry next time I will not ask. One of the problems is the forward slash (/) in your file name. The other might be if you just downloaded the pictures to your computer then uploaded them here they were missing some header coding. The best way to solve this is to open the picture with a photo editing program and re save it to your computer then upload that file.

Maynard, I've followed the instructions and my machine still has a problem with attachments. I need to edit the text everytime and test it to get the pictures correct. What I do is download the image with the paper clip. Then I take an older copy of another image code from one of my old posts and match it to work. Michael G.

Note: between the IMG /IMG tags must be a URL which points to a section of this website where the pictures are held. I successfully figured out the format of the URL by looking at other peoples pages and made mine work. After that, everytime I post a picture, I must do what I said in the first paragraph of this reply.

The instructions on how to fix the problem is posted at the top of just about every forum with pictures showing how the post is supposed to look like. If you tell me what you don't understand about those instructions maybe I can change them so that you can understand them.

here is a picture compare it to the instruction they dont look a like at all

disk.gif

Sorry UCD I thought you were upset that I was still having problems with this and was tired of hearing about it. I just couldn't figure it out this is my first time trying to post picture and it's been about a week of trying.

I deleted maxtorman1234/Graham's post don't need others adding to the confusion

3.jpg

It works for me this is what you paste between the image brackets/club2/attach/toad270/3.JPGIf you get a diskette or red x click on it and go to the picture as i described in the instructions right click on the picture, click on properties go to the URL address and this is what you see (I put spaces between /www and www. in the url so it wont link) http:// www .simpletractors.com/club2/click.asp?LINK=http: //www .simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/3.JPG&FileID=7979 copy from the /club to the end of JPG this it what you are copying /club2/attach/toad270/3.JPG paste this between the image brackets in your post.

3.jpg.d7f35d2b8b819f104da01000b6e0436d.jpg

Kent

You have a Masters in Instructional Technology, Can you look at my instructional posts on how to upload pictures and fix the red x and diskett post and see what and where I went wrong? It seems no one can understand it.

Maynard and Kent,

The 1st time I tried to upload pictures I followed the instructions (to re-size the pictures) and they uploaded fine but I got the diskette icon. Maynard I think you corrected the URL for me. After that I found the instructions on correcting this. Since then I've uploaded pictures and have been able to correct the URL myself without problem.

It took me about an hour to learn the map of placeing photo's on the forums. Ivagely understand the processe but I do understand that the computer interprets the info differently than I do so I must do it a certain way for it too work. My ? would be is there a process to illiminate the multy step processe when I upload a picture so I don't have to reset the properties. I have to do this each time I drop a pic.

Dave, I think that if you'll use Irfanview or one of the graphics editing packages discussed to resize and compress the pictures, it may eliminate the multi-step requirement...

I use IrfanView to resize my pictures and just upload with the names that the camera used for the file. I do Browse, click the file, then click Upload. It seems to work every time. I don't have to type anything.

I think there is something which makes inserting an image fail. My guess, not tested is if you have a long directory path the program reverts to doing something strange and not posting pictures correctly. My pictures are mostly stored in a long directory path. Once and a while my insertion of pictures work as we are instructed, sometimes they don't. This is only a guess. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has intermittent picture insertion problems also (i.e. it works sometimes and not always.)

The pictures fail for reasons stated. Spaces or symbols in file name, incorrect information in file header, Some cameras insert this others don't. The solution is to rename picture files with out spaces or symbols before uploading. Also to open picture on your computer with a photo program and resave it using that program. The photo editing program inserts the necessary header info. Then upload to this site. Pictures with incorrect file names or header info will upload but will not display on this site. The directory path has nothing to do with the upload or display as it is uploaded directly from file on your pc and is displayed from a file on this site with it's own directory path. which is very short.

The biggest problem is some people just can't/won't follow directions/instructions. This has been explained in detail a number of times but someone always has there own excuse why it won't work.

I've tried a few times and am unable to post a picture, but don't want to argue about it. I downloaded the program to compress the photo's and I also reduced the picture size to no avail. I followed the instructions and browsed and found the picture and hit the upload but it just timed out. Obviously the picture was to big so I compressed them and I still could not get them to go through. Any ideas?

After reading all of the instructions and the "discussions", my picture is 1.2 mb according the the Infraview file information. How do I reduce it further so I can transfer it?

No it is not to big. It is the perfect size for viewing on this site but the biggest thing is uploading the file size has to be 100kb and under kb's and pixels are 2 different things and largely depends on the camera and detail in the picture. Most pictures taken with a 2 or 3 mega pixel camera will reduce to 640 x 480 with under 100kb most pictures taken at 10 mega pixel when reduced to 640 x 480 are more than 100kb. This can be solved by using the Irfanview soft wear program when saving save at a lower quality ie 80% or 50% this does not hurt the quality for posting. and is as simple as moving a slide bar in the software and clicking save.