Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tej

Question on engines

Al
Brian, Most any single cyl. eng. will work Briggs and Kohler as they have the same mounting distance between bolt holes an the crank centerline height is the same. If you choose a Kohler make sure yo get the "big Pan' block eng. as the 'small pan' block motor will not work without modifications. Also if a Kohler is used ignition switch must be changed from magneto type to battery type.Unless you use a newer koh eng with electronic ign. then no switch change is necessary. Twins of any kind Briggs or Kohler won't work on the 3400 ser trac because frame siderail will contact bottom of cyls not allowing mounting to frame. dlc

tej
I know that the Briggs 9, 10, 12 and 14 HP engines all have the same footprint. Are there standard footprints for size ranges that most engine manufactures adhere to? Does the 7.25 Briggs engine on a B1 have the same footprint as the 9 - 14 HP engines. Is there a new engine with this footprint? Does a twin cylinder Briggs or Kohler have this footprint. What are the easiest engine swaps for a B series AC? Tim

tej
Actually, not true on crank centerline height. I just picked up a B&S last night. At first it appeared to be the same as the 10 horse from my Big Ten. With both on the tailgate, this unknown has a lower deck heigth, slightly lower crank...aww, the crank is probably the only thing that could make a difference for mounting it on the tractor. Perhaps too, the crankcase cover plate opposite of flywheel was cone shaped rather than flat like the ten horse. That cone shape might bulge into the grill.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• thom
    • SmilinSam
    • bowhunt4life
    • dhoadley
    • a_sannine
    • Ronald Hribar
    • rich_kildow
    • BLT
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Mustangsvo
      Mustangsvo
      (37 years old)
    2. RenegadeJ
      RenegadeJ
      (82 years old)
    3. srwven
      srwven
      (50 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 9 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts