Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wiring Diagrams SPDT & DPDT Switches

UCD

Question

Wiring Diagrams For DPDT (Double pole Double throw) Switches for electric lift and SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) Switches for electric spout rotator . These switches should be momentary on switches. (spring loaded auto return to center)SPDT momentary on Switch Used on spout rotators

WiringDiagramSPDTSwitch.jpg

DPDT momentary on Switch Used on electric lifts

WiringDiagramDPDTSwitch.jpg

Edited by PhanDad
removed extra pics

3 answers to this question

Regarding the post on DPDT switch wiring I am using this on a modified lift for the snowblower on my 3416H. My question is do you have any suggestion as to how I would wire in a normally closed limit switch to limit the travel when raising the blower which would open the contacts in one direction and be able to then reverse direction of the motor? As I see it when reversing direction the limit switch would have to be bypassed in order to close the contact when the blower is lowered. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have the 2 switches wired as per diagrams and in use for couple of years working great. What I am trying to accomplish is a limit switch inline running from the DPDT switch to the motor to control travel distance in one direction. I can make this work with the a SPDT switch inline with either the neg or pos side to the motor but then the circuit is still open because of the switch being held open by the arm that opens the circuit to stop the travel. Hope this clarifies the situation. Thanks

@garyosf

I just noticed your question when looking at this post now.  Did you find a solution to your question?  If so what was it?  

I think replacing one of the jumper wires between terminals T1/T4 or T3/T4 with the limit switch wires would do the trick.  Finding which jumper wire to replace might be possible with a voltage check; or just install it and if you guess wrong, reverse the P1/P2 leads.  

PS - In the future, you if you ask a question somewhere other than in the TT (Talking Tractors) forum, also post a link to your non TT forum question in the TT forum where it will get exposure and hopefully be answered in a timely fashion.