Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hitch for 6216

ProGard

I just aquired my first Simplicity tractor, a 6216 in great shape. (Well I think so!!!) I am nuts about this thing! Picked it up 3 days ago and already my new manuals are here. My question is, I want to pull a small trailer and also want to pull some different implements. How do i attach them to the tractor? Do I need a sleeve hitch? I read about 3 pt. hitches, do I need one? I am from Louisiana, I can tell you about catching redfish, but this tractor thing has me totally hooked and I am a lost ball in high grass. (Hoping to mow that grass with my new tractor!) Thanks and I really enjoy reading all the info on this site. Kevin

Do a search on this site for "sleeve hitch". Should turn up the info you're hunting. Have been a lot of posts, including drawings, on the site. Roy

Kevin, Glad you like the 6216! Just picked mine up couple weeks ago to replace my 717, and luv'n it. One of the guru's (like Smil'n Sammy or Kent) on this site can probably answer better than me, but in your manual it shows the attachments you can use with the pin hitch you have, and there's a lot of 3rd party stuff out there too. I believe a sleeve hitch is a box hitch like a DrawTite you find on cars/trucks. It is generally positioned out on a frame that has a lift (manual, elect, hydro) to raise and lower attachments. You can find one 3rd party, but I don't think they're available from Simplicity/AC for the 6216/T816. As far as I know, there is no 3 pt. available for the 6216. Someone else will have to explain. I know one when I see it, but thats as far as it goes. Redfish? Anything like Red Snapper - did them on trip out of Mobile, Ala.. All I have up here is Walleye, Steelhead, Bass and Sheephead.

Hey guys, In the reprint owners manual for my 6216 I do see that a sleeve hitch was available. My recommendation is to go to the Simplicity MFG Website and leave a question in their Guestbook. Be shure to leave your Tractor MFG # and they will get back to you in a few days. They have helped me with P/N's for vacuum parts. Good luck and enjoy your tractor.

Hey thanks for all the response!!! I am hooked on this tractor. I'll check into all the sites you advised. As far as the Redfish, Snapper is ok, but they are a deep water fish whereas a redfish is a shallow water one and is much more fun to catch. Like going on a hunt for the fish. Also they taste SO much better. Thanks Kevin

Kevin, I wanted to clarify my previous response. The Sleeve Hitch is a 5/8" ID peice of pipe about 3" long mounted vertically on some sort of pivot connected to the lift handle and it receives the pin to secure things like plows, cultivators, box graders, etc. This was an option on the 6216 acording to the owners manual. If yo get a P/N from simplicity please share it, as I would like to add this to mine. The Pin Hitch, is a flat horizontal peice of stock that is mounted to the transaxle with a 1/2" hole in it. This should be standard equipment, unless yours was removed by previous owner. The Pin Hitch is used for small trailers, rollers, dethatchers, airators and such. A 3 point Hitch is just that, 2 lower mounts and one upper mount in an A or inverted V pattern. I doubt that this was ever available for this series tractor, but one could be fabricated. If you were to do it, I would not use it for anything too heavy as the rear axles are only supported by little needle bearings. I hope this helps.