Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Racebear71

Axle/Trans Question ??

MPH
From what I've seen,,my '62 725 does nat have the axle tube through to the left side of the trac, my Modle W and Big10 are the same and the B112 has slight difference for the Variable speed,ie different input shaft and bearing and a ball bearing on the right side of the axle, all gears and parts inside had the same # on them as the Big 10 tranny. that all I've seen so far in my tractor life...MPH OH if you clean off the outside of the seal you should find the # stamped in it..

MikeES
Yes, the axle seals are the same. Note: Many times these axle seals will leak if you have too much oil in the transaxle, when the oil is at the proper level they will quit leaking. I remove the level plug or street elbow and let the excess oil drain out. When no more drains out, I put the plug back in. I have cured many leaking axle seals this way. Good Luck! Mike S.

Racebear71
I have a trans from a B-series (yellow, 3 SPEED) that came with a basket of parts. I'm using the unit as a replacement. Everything maches up and unit is tight and shifts smooth. Only problem is very leaky axle seals as unit sat for 15 years. I do not know for sure what model this unit was originally on and I'm wondering if there are any differences in B-1 through 210 trans or axle so I can order seals for it. I haven't taken them out yet but have done this on other machines, so making sure what i have is my main problem. Thanks in advance.

Racebear71
Thanks. I will double check that the fluid level is not too high. Fluid really pours out quick, so I have a feeling the seals are dryed out from sitting many years. Does anybody have a part(s) number for the left and right sides in case I need them ?