Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Racebear71

Axle/Trans Question ??

MPH
From what I've seen,,my '62 725 does nat have the axle tube through to the left side of the trac, my Modle W and Big10 are the same and the B112 has slight difference for the Variable speed,ie different input shaft and bearing and a ball bearing on the right side of the axle, all gears and parts inside had the same # on them as the Big 10 tranny. that all I've seen so far in my tractor life...MPH OH if you clean off the outside of the seal you should find the # stamped in it..

MikeES
Yes, the axle seals are the same. Note: Many times these axle seals will leak if you have too much oil in the transaxle, when the oil is at the proper level they will quit leaking. I remove the level plug or street elbow and let the excess oil drain out. When no more drains out, I put the plug back in. I have cured many leaking axle seals this way. Good Luck! Mike S.

Racebear71
I have a trans from a B-series (yellow, 3 SPEED) that came with a basket of parts. I'm using the unit as a replacement. Everything maches up and unit is tight and shifts smooth. Only problem is very leaky axle seals as unit sat for 15 years. I do not know for sure what model this unit was originally on and I'm wondering if there are any differences in B-1 through 210 trans or axle so I can order seals for it. I haven't taken them out yet but have done this on other machines, so making sure what i have is my main problem. Thanks in advance.

Racebear71
Thanks. I will double check that the fluid level is not too high. Fluid really pours out quick, so I have a feeling the seals are dryed out from sitting many years. Does anybody have a part(s) number for the left and right sides in case I need them ?