Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Model Identification Chart

UCD

Question

9 answers to this question

I have noticed over the years that there is quite a bit of information for all models yet my specific model 3415H era seems to be lacking. I was told by some old-time Allis / Simplicity Dealer dudes athat this was a time when there was strike and many things kinda slipped through the cracks. The 72, 73, 75 Simplicity Sovereigns were specifically affected. Is any of thos correct?

quote:Originally posted by thedroidman

I have noticed over the years that there is quite a bit of information for all models yet my specific model 3415H era seems to be lacking. I was told by some old-time Allis / Simplicity Dealer dudes athat this was a time when there was strike and many things kinda slipped through the cracks. The 72, 73, 75 Simplicity Sovereigns were specifically affected. Is any of thos correct?

id="quote">
id="quote">Not a strike, Allis and Simplicity were again rejoined in 1973-1974 after a 7 year anti-trust lawsuit by the feds (monopoly) had them building tractors separately at facilities in different pars of the country. I think it was obvious by 1972 that the suit was going to be turned over. You see odd balls from both Allis and Simplicity from those years, the 300-400 series Allis and some of the 3300/3400 tractors, in 1974-1975 the 700/7000 Series Allis/Simplcitys came out, except now the difference was Allis ran Kohlers and Simplicitys ran Briggs, the Allis tractors cost 300/400 more for the better kohler engines, he, he, he, I couldn't help myself

quote:Originally posted by Kent

Flushing $300-400 down the Kohler... :D:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Now that's one thing Kholer got right...&:)(I couldnt help myself either....had Briggs developed a fix for the typical fuel leaks, there wouldnt even be a debate on cast iron singles...maybe it was intentional to keep things fair)

quote:Originally posted by Kent

Flushing $300-400 down the Kohler... :D:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Briggs also made toilets, or didn't you know that, yep they did, they went broke, and started making engines, true.

It was a different Briggs entrepreneur that started the plumbing fixtures... and they are still in business.