Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Muffler

BrendonV

Is it "OK" to run a straight pipe on my B-10, all i have is a 4inch nipple a 90', and a 12 inch pipe. Would that do any harm to anything besides peoples ears? I woulnd't think it would be too much louder than my rusty old pipe that is on it now. thanks, brendonv

IMO, it'll burn the valves and it certainly isn't good for your hearing. I'd put one of those $4 screw-on mufflers on it, at least....

I know your bullet proof at 15, my sons now 19 and 20 recently reminded me of that, but please take a tip from us deaf ole farts and put a good muffler on it. Like to see to still hear the sound of an ole cast iron briggs 50 years from now. MPH

Kent, although I agree that a muffler should be used, not only for your protection but also for the neighbors. But a 12" straight pipe after the elbow will not burn the exhaust valve. It would create enough back pressure. Mike S.

I know how that is, I learned the hard way, a International hydro 100 w/ aftermarket turbo and el-cheapo muffler fried my hearing since I didn't wear hearing protection, now, I have lost some of my hearing and I regret it very much, take it from me, it is better to have more hearing then more money,-BradW

Erich_Siewert
Wnen I got my Big-Ten The guy that had it before me had welded a pipe to the top of the Muffler so I got a muffler with a 2inch/6 inch pipe on it. Erich