Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cavalier bagger problems

eskimodeb

Hi- I have been using my Cavalier tractor and machine since spring with no problem in the tube staying in place. The rubber belt (holding the top portion of the tube section that goes into the bagger) broke last month and the replacement belt doesn't seem to be holding the top portion of the tube in place anymore. I've tried a number of different positions for the belt with no success. The top section of the 2 piece tube (that goes from the deck to the bagger) continues to wiggle apart until it is loose and open so that grass shoots out from the lower portion of the tube into the air! Any suggestions or refinements would be appreciated. Thank you! Deb[A href='eskimodeb@hotmail.com']eskimodeb@hotmail.com[/a]

Is the bag support frame bent backward so that the bags do not hang straight down? This would increase the connecting distance. Mark the tube and measure how much of it is inside the upper elbow. 2-3" is not enough. Also there is a vertical rear support on the top of the mower housing behind the blade that can break off allowing the mower to move around more than designed for.