Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bolens two wheel tractor

Tom_Byrne

I recently was approached by a friend telling me about a two wheel tractor his late uncle left him. I have not had the chance to see it yet and I may not for some time so I have to go by his description. He said it is a 1954 Bolens two wheel with 3 attachments (no mower). He said it was used very little and has been in storage since 1967. He has all the original paperwork and he said it looks like new. Can anyone shed some lite on scarcity and value? Any help is appreciated. Thanx, Tom

Tom, Anything nearly 50 years old that hasn't been run for 35 and looks new with documentation is definitely scarce and has significant value to the right person. I would think collectors of such tractors would be willing to pay a generous amount for a machine as described. You guys just have to find them. That is who can give you a better idea as to it's value. -gc

If it was made in 1954 it would be a versa-matic with either a briggs 8, kohler k-90 or kohler 7 hp engine. The one with the kohler k-90 ( super versa matic) would have a # like 15fd01 or 15fd02. the one with a briggs would be 15fc01 or 15fc02. i know that I have the # for the 7hp version but I am to lazy to go find it. I have the versa-matic and super-versa-matic so If you get it and need some help send me a email. Andrew