Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

problem selling 3210V help

Bunky
I have a 3210V it runs good starts right up every time I use it year round it uses alittle oil and It has a 42inch deck I came down to $200 on this thing and still no bites (it's worth more then that for parts) I sold a 63 landlord and a B210 last year that didn't even run for almost that. is there something wrong with this model??????

SmilinSam
Could be a lot of variables. Location, time of year, whos looking for one, etc. I generally have a tough time selling whole tractors as most people are looking for a few parts to fix what they have. Your price is fine and I would not go to changing it. Sometimes one may have to just wait and try again at another time. Sam

dlcentral
The uninformed folks of today think it's WAY too old,little do they know there are no ''years'' on these machines,,I've sold hundreds of these things over the years and that's what I've noticed anyway,,Just simply reply to someone who expresses a concern over the age of your mach with;"Do you think your dept. store brand will still be around 30 odd years from now like the 3210 will STILL be??,,"

John_RI
Bunky Your problem could be that you are targeting the wrong buyer group with your low price , at that low price the un-antique tractor buyer thinks that there is something wrong (low -price) raise your price to 450. and advertise it as a classic durable mower,and see what happens. When I was in high school in the 60s I worked at a small local garage that also sold used cars they had a 56 ford wagon that was in good shape but they didn't have much invested in it so they asked$100. and couldn't sell it many looked but asked whats wrong with it,the owner said if I could sell it I could keep any think over $75 that I got forit. As I was going for lunch sat noon a couple pulled in and said they wanted a reliable 2nd car I showed them the wagon and told them we could let them have it for $250 they bought it that aft. and said it was just what they were looking for. My boss just shook his head in disbelief. Case in point if something doesnt sell sure change the price , but lower doesnt always work. Cal