Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Model 2012 Simplicity Lawn tractor

Big-D

Should likely have been built in 1967 like my 2010. The numbers are on the side of the shroud on the carburator side, just above where the tractor frame sits. Usually there is a decal which can get torn off. They are he=ard to see sometimes. If its the original 12HP, like Kent gave numbers for, it will have a syncro balancer on both ends of the crankshaft.

I have a 2012. Has a 12 hp Briggs, model; 300421, type; 0120-02, code; 6701121. You can download a parts list for it from the Briggs site for free. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help with. John(ri)

Does anyone know size of engine in this tractor or any info We pulled the engine to overhaul it and there are no numbers anywhere on the engine. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Might try try the cross ref listing on the Simple trac site, if you know the year, page 8 0r 9 was mid '80's, high page # newer machine. most of the models listed have hp listed i bevieve. MPH

Hmmm... I wonder what the difference in type numbers means. My reference showed 0127-01 while John's tractor is a 0120-02.... Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
Based on the parts list, the only difference between the two types I can identify is with the carb intake elbow and the screws attaching the upper carb body to it.