Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

info wanted

Big-D

i have purchased what i believe to be a old allis chalmers garden tractor. it is a B 10. someone painted over the the tag on the back of the tractor but i scrapped off the paint and i believe i read serial # 021192.this is found directly behind the seat and below the tool box. the number on the engine is 243431 0123 01 6708091 that is all i can make out. could someone tell me the year it was built. it is complete and i now have it running. maybe i can send picture later. thanks mike case

Welcome! 6708091 on the engine translates to August 9, 1967 for the date the engine was made. The serial number on the tractor is of little value in dating it, since we don't have a record of production. It does verify that it was a late model B-10 (the ones with 10 HP engines). I'd say your tractor was made some time in the late fall of 1967...

Look behind the right axle tube(siting on tractor) and below the hitch iron for a casting date on the transmision. You will likely have to scrape off some caked on grease and oil. Jordan