Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yeoman 616

JordB110

I just purchased a Yeoman 616 at an auction. It is in very nice condition, has excellant paint, all of the decals still on, 7HP replacment Briggs, 32'' 3-blade deck, and 2-speed transmission for $150. Plus it cuts better than the 1999 Landlord. How rare are these? What are they worth? Was there a hi-lo pulley option for these models? Thanks, Jordan.

That's great Jordon!! My newer regent (2000 model) cuts worse than my old ones (B-10, 3415H, 700,) was at the dealer for 3 weeks for a faulty electrical system, and then I took it out for 2 rounds when I got it back, and the engine lit on fire, from what it looks like the fuel pump and line burst spilling gas all over the hot motor and then it burned nicley, guess it is time for another one! Oh well, good luck with your machine I would say 400-500 for the range you descibed but I have no idea. P.S. Does anyone want to see some pics of my burned up regent? Good thing I am trading some parts tractors for a 7790 diesel with a rebuilt motor!-BradW

Jordan, I picked up a 616 this summer for $50. The motor is about shot, burns up oil faster than gas I think. it is well worn and has some less than perfect repair jobs. But even in this condition it mows fantastically. very tight turning radius and easy to handle. mine does have a hi/lo adapter, I think it makes it a very adaptable machine. As long as your not mowing a lot of yard it is very nice. Now I just need to decide if I am going to rebuild or repower. Got a 11 hp briggs just setting around and it might fit, with a little coaxing. chris

I found a frame in my garage a couple of years ago. It turned out that it was a yeoman 616. I had to rebuild it with the pieces of an old 18 hp craftsman. I took the seat, steering wheel, tires and engine. I have had some trouble with the steering gears but other than that I love this thing. I put on a montgomery ward stowthrower that needed a lot of modifications. I used that for a couple of years but just recently got my hands on a snowthrower that fits it perfectly. I haven't figured out how to make it work yet but I will. Mine doesn't have a two speed gear in the back but I'm looking for one.