Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oy!, I thought it would never come to this,*------

BradW

Well Ladies&Gentelmen! When I got my Simplicity Regent (2000 model) got back from the dealer after my electrical system fried (I was working in the garage and it started cranking over for no reason) the starter and wiring burned up, then the day I got it back I used it 2 days later and after making 1 3/4 rounds of mowing, flames and smoke everywhere!! So I started pushing the yard with my new craftsman lawnmower which I had to do while it was at the dealership for 3 weeks(the regent that is), my neighbor came over on his 1989 front deck diesel John Deere and cut my yard for free, my yard is 4 acres of grass, he cut it fast and it did a good job, I am sorry it comes to this, but I think I am getting rid of the Regent for another brand of comparable lawnmower, while I am a diehard Simplicity fan I will always have old ones, but due to the lack of quality control of the new ones, I would like to find another brand or a good 7790 diesel which was located recently, but I am going for a Kubota BX2200 series compact garen tractor with a 3 cylinder diesel in it with 3-point and pto 60" deck too, does anyone have experience with these? I plan on getting ahold of Simplicity about my lawnmower since I have the Vp's business card but unless these new Simplicity models that came out are good, I am going to another brand! Oh well, I guess I will live with "They don't make em' like they used to"-BradW

I know, I watched it in school on CNN yesterday and today I know how jobs are lost all the time, I took business last year, and I am taking world history and world cultures now, it just seems anymore when I post an opinion other than on the ytmag Case board I get bashed so I would like to stay queit. I plan on joining the air force when I graduate and serve for the country, I cannot stand these stories of people dieing like they did, it makes me sick! I just wish all of this would end, but it won't for a very, very long time.-BradW

Brad, by and large you have come across to me on this site as a young man with your head pretty well attached. Please don't take personel offence to my comment, my two sons have just "flew the coup" and in raising them I attempted to be open with them, explain why I drew a line but kicked thier b---when needed. Yea,, they make me proud of them now. I can understand your feelings, we have lived in a safe bubble since WWII, this was a tough wake up call of what happens, when as a nation, we live with our heads in sand. Please take heart, not discouragement...MPH

WE ALL NEEDED TO WAKE UP A LONG TIME AGO.we have been warned of this for some time and did not worry about the threat enough. i dont want you to be quiet brad.it happened to me as you now last yr also.when i would speak my oppion on here some body or persons WOULD not like what i said.i have learned in the lsat yr to go on and not let people get you down.older people dont like to hear younger people have better ideas than they do.we are not trying to be rude but trying to voice our oppions.dont let it get you down and put you head up and pray for our country.i dont like to hear or even think of people getting killed but it happened sept.11 2001.wake up everyone.we need to all join together and pray for all the people involved in this event.brad , sell your tractor and get another model.i wanted to get rid of my agco918 last yr when i had problems with it but in the long run simpliicty worked with me.the dealer that worked with me has my bussiness for good and is the BEST in the BUSSINESS.ONE OTHER THING WE ALL NEED TO BUY AMERICAN.TO MUCH OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE MADE overseas which should or could be made here in the great USA.i buy AMERICAN ALL THE way. GMC TRUCK SIMPLICITY/AGCO LAWN TRACTOR.my point is help our country 1st and then others when ever.to many jobs have been lost due to companies moving out of the usa in which has hurt us.in this time we all need to spend money if we can to help us .might not sound right but this is how i feel about this.i hope others will tell how they fill but dont look down on simplicity.they will made inprovements in there tractors.from the literature i have seen the new simplicitys are the best i have seen in a long time .just get a newer soverign brad.hope you dont stay quiet.learn from me first hand.voice your oppion in the right way and you will get farther.pray for all of america now.it will take a long time to heal.my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has lost someone or knows someone who was lost in this event. agco918 chad e shafer pround to be american and proud to buy american USA ALL THE WAY...............

I THOUGHT SOMETHING LIKE WOULD NEVER HAPPEN EITHER AND IM NOT TALKIN ABOUT THE TERRIOST ATTACKS ON THE TRADE CENTER WHICH WE SHOULD ALL GO ON WITH ARE LIVES AND NOT BE FOCUSED ON THE TRAJIC EVENTS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON.SO GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE GOES ON THINGS CHANGE WE CANNOT DO MUCH AT THIS POINT BUT PRAY.WELL BRAD IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD BAD EXPERIANCES WITH ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS IN SIMPLICITYS NEW AND OLD.SINCERELY YOUR FELLOW SIMPLICITY COLLECTOR

Brad, Silence, and giving up will not expand your capacity to grow in heart and mind. When someone "bashes" you, learn from it. When I stumble and fall, I pick myself up and go again trying to carry a little more wisdom with each effort to stand back up. This goes for MDAMICO as well. I have given both of you an oratory about the importance of Honor and making ones word be worth something beacause really, all you can take from this life with you is your deeds , your honor, and your word. You do need to work on that yet. I made the previous reply because I sensed a quick dismissal of events, mostly from the comments in the second reply. Apathy, it is a stab in the heart of freedom. Never let yourselves be so apathetic as to dismiss or bury events like yesterday so that they do not trouble the heart. Never bury yourselves in your own routines so that complacency replaces vigilance. This is where we have been as a nation for far too long. Our Nation starts with each individual. Each one of us is a building block in our overall freedom. Those who strive to improve themselves and remain vigilant to freedom, to responsiblility, to Honor, to Truth, to Justice, and above all to God, make for a strong foundation. Those who fail to be vigilant make for holes and weaknesses in that foundation, and cause freedom to crumble. You boys will soon become men, and you are the generation who will have to shoulder the task of rebuilding our crumbling freedom. So if I seem hard on you, this is why.

I know the one thing I wanted to do is go into the air force, to serve for the country and make the family proud! After my parents got divorced I have done most every outdoor task around the house and when I get older I want my mother to think of me by "I am proud of my son, he has taken action at home, school, and in the neighborhood, he went into the armed forces with high hopes, and came out as an admirable american" I someday hope to be like my grandfather, he served during the korean war, and was a mechanic/farmer. Because when I leave this earth, I want to be remembered as a good person. For I see this is a very trajic event I will never forget, as at school I can't even imagine this happening, but america will get back at these people, and we will pull together as a country, and move on togther, that is why this is the best country in the world, because of average "joe's" who make this a better place, the people here in america are passionate at what we stand for, that is why our armed forces are so advanced, and people take pride in saying they are from america, for as what happend, no one will forget, but as a country, we will hold strong, and show these terrorists, they will never break down the best country in the world, 3 cheers for America!-BradW

I really pity the younger generation, as they will learn in a bath by fire. You boys need to pulll your heads out of the sand and pick up some history books and read up on what the public schools apparrently do not teach anymore.. The far reaching ramifacations of yesterdays attack have not even begun to take effect yet. Not only have these followers of evil taken tens of thousands of lives but they may have dealt a extremely crippling blow to our nations economy. As history shows people tend to tighten up their spending tremendously after such a national blow. And perhaps I need remind you that consumer spending is all our economy has been riding on for some time now. If you pay attantion to the news you will have seen thousands of jobs lost each week. This could very well now turn to tens of thousands. We all could have real problems going into winter this year. Also I'm afraid I cannot just turn off my emotions either. Everytime I see that plane go into the building my heart sinks thinking of people watching that, knowing their loved ones were on that plane. It makes me want to re-order my priorities. It will not be business as usual for a long time now. I reiterate Dutchs' statement..........WAKE UP.........and use some wisdom for what may be coming

You guys need to settle down and be logical here, particularly in these trying times. I, myself, have been stuck in South Dakota all week. The USA is the greatest country in the world, we enjoy the greatest economy in the world. Why?........ FREEDOM! Brad and I had a discussion about Kubotas' some time ago. Is it Un-American to buy a Kubota over a Deere or Simplicity? Is it Un-American to buy a Honda over a Harley? NO! In fact it may be quite the opposite. America is #1 because we are free to spend our resources in the most efficient manner. Japan, Europe, Canada, and other world economies are greatly restricted by tarrifs and other extra cost adding laws created in order to protect their domestic businesses. The phallacy to this is that they do not allocate their precious economic resources in the most profitable manner! It is not good to have our capital and resources improperly allocated, this will make us a poorer nation. If an American firm is not making its' best return on investment, then it has to change, or die. Can you make maximum profit on old technology? No, you cant. Competitive pressures and the passing of time pushes the amount of possible profit down. Do you really believe that our people should concentrate on tractors or motorcycles(almost 100 year old technology) when we could be producing new technology? Computers, information technology, biotechnology, this is the future, this is where the innovation and therefore the high profit is. The Japanese live in the past, they can only copy and improve on what the USA has done. This is why their standard of living will never be as high as ours. This is why we have the best economy in the world. LET FREEDOM LIVE!

YOU GUYS! brad came here with a tractor post and you went to pieces telling him about freedom and honor! come now not to offend anyone but lets help with the tractor problem!