Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Back to the buisness at hand, Tractors and Trauma

arnoldir

I agree, Roger. I'm officially putting my Soap Box into retirement. I've ran my mouth enough now it's time to run my tractor. The sadness of this tragedy will haunt me for the rest of my life. Dick

I'm here in Long Island NY, 60mi from ground zero, and may have lost friends in the towers. Aside from giving blood and money to buy water, gloves, masks, and goggles for the hundreds of people digging through the wreckage, there isn't much more I can do. So after work today I'm going home to sharpen my mower blades and pretend that each and every blade of grass in my lawn is one of those cowardly fiends who are responsible (off with their heads). I've always found that no matter how my day went, A few laps around the yard on or behind a grass cutting device will take my mind off my troubles. I've been cutting grass since I was 5 and was allowed to use the old push reel mower. I'm 37 now, and I expect to keep mowing untill I die (I don't trust anyone else with "my" lawn). So if the mood suits you, go sharpen them up and take a few laps. And now for the technical bit, and transition back to our "normal" subject: The washers that hold the blades on my 6216 are cupped spring washers, these are only designed to be reused a few times. If yours are flat, it is likely that they should be replaced. God bless, and may you all get a chance to have some happy tractoring Best regards Roger Arnoldi