Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

thanks guys, I think.......

badcars

I originally only owned a serf 525. Dont get me wrong i tis a great clean little machine. But after checking out your sight, and joining, I needed more. It i slike a disease, i have already boought a Homelight T-8, didnt run, after running thtough most of the posts here i was able to rebuild the carb and replace a sheered flywheel key, "Fastest starting machine i have ever owned." I checked on some of the new machines at the home stores, they all seemed like junk. maybe they are alright, but just seem cheeply built to me. I have been an automotive technician for 15 years and notice these things pretty readily. I thank you all for your technical help, but now i have this incredible urge to look in barns and in back yards for abandoned tractors that may be for sale........I guess I am hooked!!!!!! Talk to you all soon, Chris

You are not really hooked until you start running want ads in the local papers. I get about 2 calls a week during spring and fall garage cleanout time. Got a call on a lone 46" sickle mower the other day. Its not alone anymore. Sam

Your hooked for sure, the next step will be sunday drives with your wife in towns that once had simplicity dealers in them . Looking in everyones back yard.