Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another one followed me home dear, honest.

Brent_Baumer

Picked up a Landlord 7010 today. Surface rust all over and faded. Runs good, no smoke. 3 speed tranny good, gearbox good. Solid 42" deck needs new drive pulley and possible arbor (I think I can save it though). Will probably restore the deck and sell and use the tractor for tilling. At $225 I couldn't pass. Anyone ever try to use a 48" deck on a 10hp tractor or is it asking too much of this machine.

Really a person needs a minimum of 14 hp to run a 48" deck . I know they used to run them on 12hp engines but it was a strain.

Sorry. The 48" decks I have are not for sale. I need 'em to mow my own yard with. Thought maybe I could occasionally use a 48" on the 7010 if one of my 16hp tractors was down. Guess not. I'll just leave a tiller on it year round. Funny. I go months w/o seeing any Sims./AC's for sale around here. I know where there is a 7116H for $500, a 7012 for $750 and the tractor I bought yesterday that all appeared locally in the last 2 weeks. Wish I had more disposable income right now. Brent