Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

20 hp snapper

Tired

I came across a snapper 20 horse rider with loader and tiller for $9000. I dont know what they are worth, but this one certainly not. With 1600 hours on it, I dont think its ever seen a grease gun. mower deck is all busted up. leaks hydraulic fluid, missing side panel. I was thinking more like $2500. would that be out of line? He said it was about 5 years old.

Tired, sometimes its best to say NO, some folks are way to proud of way toooooo little. Know of a 110 JD that I wouldn't mind having for the sake of one of each mini farm tractor type, but not for 1100 bucks of rusted iron..2 bits...MPH

I was thinking that $9000 bucks could buy a pretty decient skid loader that would do work 100 times faster!!! Thanks for all the input, tired

Suppose I should follow up my earlier post. There are no dumb questions here. I like to keep things as light and humerous as possible, but.... andybody who thinks that a beat up old Snapper is worth $9000 is nuts! Snapper does make a decent tractor but nothing compared to the quality and durablility of a Simplicity. Even $2500 seems high to me. Where I live you can buy a Ford 8N with loader for that. One thing for sure, if you buy that thing you are buying lots of repair problems. Plus I have seen several internet posts where people have problems getting parts for Snappers.