Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

about replacing bearings.......

badcars

got my homelite t-8 running like a new machine. Removed the deck and have some bad bearings , both of the outside arbors (that sounds right), rough when turned. Is this something a guy can do at home, or do I have to take my baby and leave it in a strange garage for an unknown amount of time? Also when i brought it hoime and first got it running, by the way thanks again guys, after a few seconds the belt for the blades would just start smoking even with the pto disengaged. The mechanism was releasing completely but it would bog down the motor and eventualy kill it. Maybe the previous owner put on one of those, "this is close enough belts", and there just isnt enough slip. If there is some information on this sight about replacing the bearings i would love to know the location. Thanks in advance! By the way i thas a 36", 3 blade Simplicity deck. badcars badcars

Has been a ton of bearing dicc. this summer, think if you type in bearings, or arbors in the search you be reading for awhile..good luck..MPH