Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FRONT MOUNTED BRUSH MOWER?

JBLACK

I am looking for more info on the front mounted brush mower for the early landlord tractors (64-66) and if any one knows where I can get one? I have a tree farm and that would save me alot of time! thanks JBLACK

Don't know of any for sale right now but these mowers do not like thick tall grass. They work the best on burdocks and brush, tall grass gets tangled up inside and blows belts.

Sam Ericson (SmilinSam) also had one for sale a while back. Not sure if it still is... It was in great shape. He's a member -- email him. http://www.simpletractors.com/images/gallery_images/7114mod370.jpg

I still have the mower, but like BWalley said , forget any ideas of mowing tall grass as it just winds up in the spindles. Tried to sell it twice at $500, no luck. I have plans to make a original package to try and sell next spring(last attempt ). It will consist of a 1967 2010 Landlord, 46" sicklemower, 40" weedcutter. 42" deck, 36" snowblower, and every other attachment that I come across in the meantime. Working on getting a 32" tiller with the extensions to go with it too. For grass I use a walk behind Bachtold. They also had a bachtold attachment for these older tractors too. A friend has one , but its the only one I have seen up close. SmilinSam

Ok,thanks for the pics and info yes thats definitly not what I had in mind. Right now I use an old 42inch deck with the sides removed to eliminate clogging how ever if the knotgrass is too long it wraps around the spindles also.I guess what I`m looking for is a brush hog style mower that will run off the front pully of my landlord 101.I also have a DR style walk behind mower but with 20,000 xmas trees to mow around that gets time consuming. Again many thanks for all the imput and info!! it`s been awhile since I`ve been to the site KENT you and the others have really kicked it up a few notches!!!! thanks again JBLACK