Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 400 series

Del

The A/C 410 Shuttle that I have has been in my family since the mid seventy,s and still works fine with no major repairs.Regular maintanance and adjustments helps greatly!If you don't have the manuals call Simplicity at 1-262-284-8519.You can get operator's,parts and service manuals at reasonable prices.The manuals are a cheap investment and will help you keep your tractor running another 30 years.If you want something sooner e-mail me and I will send some scans from my service manual.

I have owned a AC with shuttle transmission. My best advice to you is the get about 3 gallon of gasoline, pour it all over the tractor, then throw a lighted match on top. This will be much cheaper than all of the probable upcoming pyschiatric bills. Also, if you are married, the divorce will be quite costly. Seriously, Simplicity builds rock solid equipment, but the shuttle trans was just a bad idea. I would not worry about the gearbox or the reverse planetarys, they never wear out. The problem is the reversing mechanism parts. I would guess that you will need to replace all of those parts or the thing will never work right. This is all just a guess on my part, I got so disgusted with the one I had that I parted it out.

I would like to contact someone who has had the shuttleclutch apart, familiar with disassembly and parts. Del I have the answers. Thanks. Del