Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

landlord 2012?

McGill

I looked at an old well used landlord. It started fine after sitting for over a year. But, Hi-Low only has Hi. Eerything else seems ok. How hard and expensive is this hi-low to fix? It also has Hydro lift.

The parts are hard to come by. Most take the Hi/Lo setup off and run it as a straight 3-speed. The hydraulic lift is a big plus. Good Luck! Mike S.

They seem pretty simple... but then, that's Simplicity. None of the parts are available now, as far as I know. There is one pretty easy trick though, that Al Eden told me about. It uses little gears like those in the differential (may actually be the same ones)-- they wear on one end only, and you can simply turn them over and use the other end.... I haven't used mine very much since I got it together -- maybe 5 hours or so, but I'm certainly pleased with how it works. It gives you 3 good working speeds: 1st high; 2nd low, and 2nd high. 1st low is very slow, and useful only for tilling or plowing, it seems. But, compared to my B-210s variable speed, it seems to put much more power to the ground, since it doesn'st slip the belt, and the B-210 does. I've only used the Johnny Bucket with it, and it will certainly make that old Briggs "grunt"....