Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

Vari-Shift vibration

MPH
Not sure the vari speed set up is the same on your 816 as my ole B112 but if close to the same you should check your pulley's fit on the shaft, mone were way loose and cuz I didn't fix it right the first time I chewed up the keyway in the shaft which gained me the honor of seeing the inside of my tranny. Shape it was in it needed it anyway..MPH

The Vari-Shift pully on my AC 816 vibrates badly. Is this common? It functions fine but runs a vibration through the whole machine. There was a small amount of play in the shaft where it mounts to the deck below the instrument panel. I temporarily inserted a thin brass shim to see if that helped but it didn't really. Is everyone elses smooth? I can hardly see how it could be off-weighted or anything that might cause this. Any ideas?